Today, we’re delighted to announce our phenomenal keynote speakers for Upstream, which takes place virtually on June 7, 2023. As we’ve blogged about previously, this year’s theme is the accidental supply chain, and we can't wait to hear what these speakers have in store for you regarding this topic and others important to open source.
Here’s who we have lined up:
- Luis Villa, Tidelift co-founder, will kick off the day by introducing the accidental supply chain theme—and give us some ideas for how the open source community can make it a little less...well... accidental.
- Nithya Ruff, head of the open source program office at Amazon, is an expert in the field, with decades of experience driving open source culture and coordination inside of organizations and engagement with external communities.
- Allan Friedman, senior advisor and strategist at the U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, will share a unique perspective as someone within the agency responsible for strengthening cybersecurity and infrastructure protection.
- Julia Ferraioli, co-founder of Open Source Stories, will discuss how the sustainability and supply chain conversations oftentimes leave out a critical factor in the equation: the people and social systems without which there would be no open source.
- Mike Milinkovich, executive director of the Eclipse Foundation, will discuss how well-meaning attempts to regulate the global open source phenomenon run the risk of killing the very thing that made it successful in the first place.
We are also hard at work finalizing the rest of the agenda. Have an idea for a presentation that fits into our theme or a related subject? Submit a presentation idea for consideration. Our call for presentations is open till April 7.
And don’t forget to register for the event if you haven’t already! The first 500 U.S.-based registrants will get a free t-shirt. If you get 5 more people from your organization to register, we’ll also send you a viewing party kit.
Top comments (0)